Saturday, May 10, 2008

~Remembering Faith's 1st Birthday~


I bought this book "Every Year on your Birthday" for Faith awhile back and with her "5th" Birthday coming up I have been reading it to her at night. It is such a sweet book in which the Mother looks back at each of her daughters birthdays up to her 5th. Perfect book for Faith at this time. Faith is sooo cute because when she looks at the cover of the book she says, "She looks like me!" Yesterday Faith was asking me about her 1st Birthday. I told her how I baked her first chocolate cake and she loved it. She played in it and got good and messy! I told her how her Grandma and Grandpa were there to celebrate with us. And I told her how lucky we were to have her home with us to celebrate it! It was a very special day!
I remember wanting to have a big "1st" Birthday party for Faith with all of our friends we met in England, but I knew in my heart that the best thing for Faith was to have a simple and quiet Birthday with just her family. We had only been home for a month and she was still adjusting to us and her surroundings. Having Grandma and Grandpa visiting was enough excitement for her.
We had a quiet day with her opening gifts, singing Happy Birthday and watching her eat her first chocolate cake. We went out to eat that evening at a restaurant called Brewster's that the boys loved in England. It is a family type restaurant that has a play area in it where parents can check there kids in and they can play while the parents enjoy there meal. It really is a great idea. I realize I do not have many photos from her 1st Birthday.......I think I was just taking all of her in that day and didn't want to be worrying about the camera. All the memories of that day are in my heart. I remember that day being sooooo very thankful that Faith was home with us to celebrate her very 1st Birthday and grateful for the note that had been left with her by her birth family letting us know that this was the very precious day that she was born. It was the most perfect day!
It was also right around Faith's 1st Birthday ,when my parents were in, that she started pushing herself up from tummy time and rolling over! This was sooo exciting for us!!


checking out her gifts...................

and playing with them (she is wearing a cute dress from Hawaii that some friends sent her)
reaching for her cake

and playing in it (this was great progress because Faith did not like things touching her hands!)


yuuuuum, I think I like this

can I have more??

Big girl pushing up with her arms!!

just look how hard she is working!!


Faith and Grandma JoJo

Our beautiful view from our house in England (Faith's first home with us) that we got to look out at each day.....boy do we miss it!!!!

No comments: