Tuesday, May 20, 2008

~Faith's Baptism~






Faith was baptized in August (4 months after being home) in the Church of England right in our local town where we were living. Originally we planned to wait and have her Baptism when we came back to the States the following year. I was anxious though to have her baptized as young as possible and it kind of just felt right having it in the place where she first came home as part of our family. It was a very simple ceremony with only a few friends and our adoption group there. Faith did excellent and looked so beautiful in her white gown. She did not like having that dress on one bit! She cried when I first put it on her and forget even wearing the pretty hat that went with it. She screamed when I put that on her! We had a small luncheon at our house following the ceremony. Just a few photos taken on that day..............


Our very blessed family..........

Our little miracle.............


Get this hat off of me now!

checking out the chapel
Faith Anna Xia is baptised



The week following her Baptism I tried to take her out to the beach to get some photos of her on the beach in her gown. It did not go so well. Beside the fact she could not stand being in her dress, it was a really windy day (don't know what I was thinking) and the sand kept blowing in her face. I managed to snap a few................








1 comment:

Joanne said...

Breathtaking photos! She has always been gorgeous, uh?!! Love the idea of the photos on the beach in her christening dress - wonder if I could still squeeze Mia into her and head to the beach??!