Oh boy was this an exciting day! The exact date is marked in her book. I don't know it at the top of my head. (shame on me:)But I remember the moment like it was yesterday! We were sooooo excited! Faith had been trying to crawl for several weeks, working so hard at it. The day she actually crawled the boys had been home for about a week on their summer break. They were restless and I was trying to plan something for them to do. Faith had a rash that broke out on her cheek and I was also trying to get her into the Dr. to have them look at it. Sam (our 13 year old Golden) was not doing so well. It was one of those days I was having big time "Mommy overload." I was able to get Faith into the Dr. and we were back home only a short time when the boys casually called to me "Mommy, Faith is crawling." I went running to see and sure enough she was doing it!!! She would crawl a short distance and her little arms would give out, but she would just keep right on doing it! At 13 months she was crawling!!! This may not seem like that big of a deal to most, but for Faith this was major progress. She was developmentally and physically behind by a good 6 months (we found this out a month later when we took an 8 hour drive to have her evaluated at an American base by the Early Intervention Center) and we were sooooo very proud of her!! I think having the boys home on their summer break really helped push her to crawl. She wanted to keep right up with them! I continued to find that it was when the boys were home on a school break that Faith would make some major progress in her development. Determined to keep up with her brothers!
The day Faith crawled for the first time! (you can kind of see the rash on her cheek)Once Faith got the crawling down she was on the go constantly!!! And into everything! Our kitchen in England was sooo tiny and we did not have a pantry. We had only a few small shelves to put our boxed foods and snacks on. Faith went through a phase of crawling over to the shelves constantly and she would try to get into the food...especially the cheerios!
Faith also looooved her stacking cups. Once she started crawling she did not want to leave them behind, soooooo she would just bring them along with her. She would put one in her mouth and then one in each hand and crawl around like that. So funny!:) She would also like to put my stinky old house slippers on her hands and crawl around with them. Once she started crawling she had quite a few quirky behaviors! My silly little sweetheart!

No comments:
Post a Comment