Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wow! I haven't done that in awhile....................

I was actually able to do something these last few days (with being stuck in the house) that I haven't done in a long time....................finish reading an entire book! And one that is not related to raising children. Just pure enjoyment. I read the book above called "The Choice." I am a big Nicholas Sparks fan and have read all of his books. I like that they are simple enough to read in a couple of days because once I start a book I can not put it down! I carry it everywhere with me. When the boys were young I seemed to be able to read a lot more. They entertained each other so I could sit with my book and listen to them. They didn't seem to mind if I was reading. Faith on the other hand....forget it! If I am reading in front of her she wants to be part of it.
I really enjoyed the book. Not one of my favorites of his, but still it was good. There are still so many books I have been wanting to read that I'll have to get caught up on one of these days. The one below is one of these. It is a long book though so it may take me awhile to get around to reading it.



Speaking of books I just started reading Faith the Junie B. Jones books. Not sure if she is ready for chapter books but so far she is enjoying them. I love those books. The boys Kindergarten teacher use to read them to the class and Reed especially loved them. I ended up getting all of them and I would love reading them to him. I was so sad when he outgrew them because I really enjoyed them. Now I can enjoy them again with Faith.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I saw Pillars of the Earth on Oprah yesterday ~ looks great! Another period book like that that our book club loved was "The Other Boelyn Girl". Not sure if you've read "Snowflower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See, but that is a must!!!

Ramona said...

Whoo-hoo! I understand completely about Faith needing to be part of it. Katie-Beth is the same way, she always insists that I read it to her. Not always appropriate when it's Stephen King!

I have to admit I am still an obsessive reader so if you are looking for suggestions! :-)