Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Recap.........

Jeez!! Has Christmas really come and gone already!!!? Amazing all the anticipation leading up to it and then in a blink it is over. It really went way too fast this year! I know, I know, just another sign of my getting older! I hope everyone had a great one with special memories to hold dear! Ours was very special filled with all our Christmas traditions. We have really grown accustomed to our very quiet and simple Christmas' with not being fortunate to having family living near us. Something spending all our years in the military we just got use to..........


Christmas Eve was a beautiful day out (chilly, but nice and sunny!) We spent the day taking a nice walk and visiting neighbors to wish them a Merry Christmas. We went out to eat an early dinner before getting ready for candle light service. When we came back from dinner there were packages waiting from our family that we let the kids rip through! ( Ruby also left us a nice surprise which I'll post about later ;) Candle light service was nice, but Faith was pretty squirmy and I spent most of the time holding her. She told the man sitting behind us (during a song in which was a clapping song) "hey, you're not clapping! Luckily he was a nice older gentleman and thought it was cute and started clapping! I was very proud of Dean when during offering I pulled out money to give to each of them and Dean pulled out a few dollars and said, "I brought my own." A very proud moment!


Faith made it home from church just in time for a quick bath, getting a plate of cookies together for Santa (and carrots for the reindeer!) , and a quick story of The Night Before Christmas before falling asleep in record time!! She was beyond exhausted! We let Dean and Reed each open their gifts from one another which was a special brother moment!


So Santa's helpers went to work after the kids went down! I always get so giddy and nervous with the whole thing and cannot wait to finally collapse in bed only to wake very early in the morning! Reed was up at 6:00 and in our room. We told him he had to wait until 7:00 to get up. He got in bed with us and of course squirmed the whole time so we didn't get anymore sleep anyway! At 7:00 sharp he was up and making the rounds to Dean and Faith's rooms. And so it begins!!!! Nothing quite like the excitement of Christmas morning! The kids take their time enjoying each gift they open so it took a good few hours to open them all. The boys have never asked for too much or expect too much so for that I am very thankful. Santa brings them each 5 or 6 gifts and we get them each a few. They also each get for one another.


We spent most of the day in our PJ's (one of the advantages of having a Christmas with just us!) I don't think the kids were dressed until about 2:00! And that was only because I made them so that I could get some photos without PJ's on......then I ended up not even taking any! Oh Well!! Dale cooked a turkey on the grill and the day was spent checking out all the new goodies!! Faith's favorite thing is her new rose petal cottage and she also loves her new little pets and pet house. Dean got his PSP he had been wanting and Reed all his Star Wars transformers....all is good!!! The thing I was most thankful for this Christmas is that we all stayed healthy!! (well for the most part, Faith and I are fighting a head cold with runny nose and eyes, but not anything too bad) Last Christmas Dale was extremely sick and we found out a week later he had walking pneumonia. He was put on bed rest and almost hospitalized...very scary. So yes, my Christmas wish that we all stay healthy was just what I wanted!


1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great post and great pic's! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I just love reading about your family :) I reminds me so much of us, with the 2 boys, our daughters and golden retrievers :)