Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our 5 Year Old!!!!!!!!!




My laptop has been giving me a headache this past week not working like it should , so I am finally playing catch up in posting some of Faith's party photos. I planned on posting a slide show,but with my computer acting up thought I would just post some of my favorites of my Birthday Girl on her big party day! I'm still amazed she was able to enjoy her day "with such spunk" after fighting off that 24 hour bug like she did. She is a real trooper! Here comes the Birhtday Girl!!

Greeting hugs for her friends

So much fun.......................



Faith's Birthday Cake


I love these photos of her with her cake

"Make a Wish!"

and blow out the candles.....

one more time................
just a little harder!


"On the night you were born,
the moon smiled with such wonder
that the stars peeked in to see you
and the night wind whispered,
"Life will never be the same."

Because there had never been anyone like you.....ever in the world.!!

(These words come from the first page of the book called "On the Night You Were Born" by Nancy Tillman. This was one of Faith's birthday gifts that we got for her. I love the book and highly recommend it. The words are beautiful)

THE world and OUR world is definitely a much brighter place with you in it!!!! We love you SOOOOOOOO very much our now "5 Year Old!!!"





Last Monday evening (the day after her party) Faith had her end of the year preschool program. It was bitter sweet for me as we went not knowing for sure yet if this would be her final day at preschool. (yes, we are still making our decision on whether or not she will be starting Kindergarten this year) I tried very hard to get some photos of her before we left for her program, but jeez does this newly 5 year old have an attitude!! Seriously, we never went through the terrible twos with her or even the terrible three's. I was always so grateful for this. She has always had such an easy going and happy nature about her. Well, we survived most of the fours, but as she got closer to five something happened!!! She has become whiny and also has developed quite the attitude!! Is this what turning 5 is all about???!!!! The boys never went through this so maybe it's a girl thing. I am finding it all very amusing at the moment only because it is so out of character for her. Here are a few photos I managed to take of her after telling me she did not want her picture taken and before she just simply walked away from me and got into the car.
My little Miss Attitude

"Enough Mom!"

She refused to take off these sunglasses

turning her back to me....................


and walking away....................


And here are a few I captured of her singing in her program................



She found me waved and said "Hi, Mom!"

decides to have a converstaion in the middle of the program



"I can't believe it!"

Receiving her certificate from Miss Stacey...................

We have been so blessed with Faith attending this wonderful preschool!!!!
We are SO proud of you Faith!! You have had such a GREAT year at school!!!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I love the birthday cake pics too. She is so pretty. I'm glad you showed the attitude shots, I can just see her turning her back on you. I remember those things from when my older daughter was that age.
They do outgrow it, but then it comes back in teenage years :)

Shawnstribe said...

i love the Birthday cake toooooo!!!!
Faith is so stunning and a girl needs a bit of attitude hey?

i think we must drive our kids mad with all the photos we take of them..

Aila says...NO MORE...i then plead and she says....only 1 more OK????!!!!

oh well ; ) what can a mother do????
xxx
s