

It was a long day for Faith, but her MRI went great and she is now back to her lively and silly self!
It's late and I'm really sleepy, but just wanted to say that everything went well today. It was tough not letting Faith eat anything this moring (she only had some juice 2 hours before leaving) but she didn't seem to mind it too much. When we got there she received her usual treatment from all the nurses getting pampered and spoiled from everyone. They gave her a medication that made her drowsy and to help her not remember anything. ( Poor thing was acting like she just drank a six-pack! Dale and I couldn't help but laugh:) She kept thowing her head back laughing and she fought it trying to stumble around. We were able to go back with her while they put in the IV for the anthestitic and she fought that. I think it was the feeling of being confined she did not like so I am grateful she does not remember anything. It worked quickly and she was out. The MRI took about an hour. Dale and I went to the cafeteria to try and get something to eat, but of course I was too nervous to eat. Once the MRI was finished she was completely out! There was no waking her up. All her vitals were great, but she just snored away. They finally let us leave with her still asleep. On our way out as Dale carried Faith I heard him say "Oh Man" and I remembered what I had forgotten to bring...... a pull-up for Faith. She wet all over Dale so the ride home was a little uncomfortable for him;) Faith slept the entire way home and of course the minute we pulled into the driveway she was awake. Within an hour of being home she was back to herself. She does not remember a thing! Medication amazes me.
Her Dr. will have the results in a few days so now we wait and see.
Glad that is over and now tomorrow our little three year old will be 4!!! I can not believe it!! We will celebrate tomorrow with just the family (I thought she would need a day to rest after her MRI, boy was I wrong!) and on Thursday we will have her party with all of her friends.
Happy Birthday our sweet girl!! We love you and are so proud of you! You were so brave today!
No comments:
Post a Comment