Today we celebrate our Forever Family day!!! The day my precious, beautiful, and amazing daughter was placed in my arms and became part of our family. (yes, I am one proud mama and slightly biased!) It is also this same day we had Faith's readoption day in Texas 3 years ago. My life is a bit turned upside down right now with a little fur ball with sharp teeth (we love Pearl to pieces, but ohhh can she drive me crazy!) so I will keep this post short. As much as I want to write so much about this amazing day I am just too tired! In the book about Beagles I am reading it says "one has not experienced life until they have had a Beagle." Ohhh how true that is!!!
We celebrated today by going out to eat and letting Faith decide where to go. She picked Applebee's. She loves eating here. I think it is the name she likes so much and she also had a gift certificate the dentist gave her for Applebees. She was so anxious to use her certificate and hand it to the waitress. :) I also ordered a small cake that has Forever Family Day written on it.
I will always remember that day 4 years ago that took my breath away! I do not know what I did to deserve to be Faith's Mommy, but I treasure each and every day of it! She was very sick the moment she was first placed in our arms in China. She was running a 101 temp, her lips were very dry, and she was obviously very dehydrated from the long 10 hour bus ride that she had to make with the other babies and nannies. She was very dazed, unemotional, and we were very worried about her. She drank a full baby bottle of water as soon as she was handed to us! Slowly she started responding to us....after 2 whole days she let out a good cry! I remember loving the sound of that cry as it meant she was finally able to show some emotions!
Those days of us together as a family in China are days that I treasure forever! It really was a trip of a lifetime. Although my hope is that one day we can all return together when you are a little older to let you experience your birth country with us,I know that nothing can compare to those days we experienced 4 years ago getting to know each other and becoming a family. It was without a doubt a miracle!!!!
~Life is not measured by the number of breaths that you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away~
Just look at that face!! You loved the pacifier immediately!
We celebrated today by going out to eat and letting Faith decide where to go. She picked Applebee's. She loves eating here. I think it is the name she likes so much and she also had a gift certificate the dentist gave her for Applebees. She was so anxious to use her certificate and hand it to the waitress. :) I also ordered a small cake that has Forever Family Day written on it.
I will always remember that day 4 years ago that took my breath away! I do not know what I did to deserve to be Faith's Mommy, but I treasure each and every day of it! She was very sick the moment she was first placed in our arms in China. She was running a 101 temp, her lips were very dry, and she was obviously very dehydrated from the long 10 hour bus ride that she had to make with the other babies and nannies. She was very dazed, unemotional, and we were very worried about her. She drank a full baby bottle of water as soon as she was handed to us! Slowly she started responding to us....after 2 whole days she let out a good cry! I remember loving the sound of that cry as it meant she was finally able to show some emotions!
Those days of us together as a family in China are days that I treasure forever! It really was a trip of a lifetime. Although my hope is that one day we can all return together when you are a little older to let you experience your birth country with us,I know that nothing can compare to those days we experienced 4 years ago getting to know each other and becoming a family. It was without a doubt a miracle!!!!
~Life is not measured by the number of breaths that you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away~
Just look at that face!! You loved the pacifier immediately!
First moments with you in the hotel room. You did not feel well at all. We gave you motrin to get your fever down. We were very concerned about your health. I love how Reed is laying there with you holding your hand.
Faith and big brother Dean. Notice Faith's fingers crossed on her right hand. She did this all the time especially if you tried to touch her hands. She did not like you touching them for the longest time.

4 comments:
Oh my gosh does she look like Katie-Beth! I just can't get over it! And Katie-Beth did that same stoic thing for the first day or so. What beautiful pictures!
And yes, a Beagle will change your life forever! :-)
What wonderful pictures!!! I am so glad you are posting all of this now - it is so nice to see these first moments and to hear about them :)
She was beautiful then and she is now too. Love your new puppy too! Congratualtions of 4 wonderful years:)
Kim
Such a great post! Where did you get that perfect statue in the backgroud, haha
I think you signed up for extra hard commenting letters....
Post a Comment