Monday, February 11, 2008

Our week-end Recap..........Chinese New Year Celebration and Bowling Tournaments

We've had a nice long week-end as today was a school holiday. It was so nice having a week-end with everyone healthy! We celebrated Chinese New Year on Friday!! It was a wonderful day and I am so thankful to celebrate this Chinese holiday as a family.
We started out celebrating on Friday with Faith bringing red envelopes, coloring pages, and a book about Chinese New Year to share with her class at preschool. She was very proud about sharing this. That evening we met 4 other families with children from China at a very yummy Chinese buffet restaurant for a wonderful evening. I ended up not taking very many photos as I got so caught up in really enjoying the moment. It was so nice spending time with other adoptive families, watching the girls all interacting and enjoying being together, and Dale and I actually sitting and enjoying a delicious meal without any distractions as the kids were all too busy enjoying one another's company! A rare moment for us!
The rest of our week-end was spent watching Dean in his first bowling tournament. He is in his second year of playing on a youth bowling league. He was very nervous at first, but ended up having a really fun time. The tournaments were on both Saturday and Sunday so it got a little long, but it was fun watching Dean and cheer with all the other families. His team ended up placing first in the Jr. level. Very exciting!! Not bad for his first tournament!
pretty red envelopes..........

all set to bring to school


I think he is a pretty cute rat! Cutest one I could find!
It's Disney's Ratatouille!


Ruby isn't too sure about this rat!




Faith likes her rat................






all set to go to dinner...hurry up Mom we are hungry!


the boys have their new Chinese dragon T's on



Faith and Daddy




Mommy wants a picture too..................


I'm so proud of my girl!!!

the girls at the restaurant coloring


the boys just had to have their own table!




Faith giving chop sticks a go!



hmmmmm! Yummy!



I'm getting the hang of these!



Dean in action at the bowling tournament



















No comments: