Friday, February 22, 2008

Computer Detox!!!!!!

"Mom, can you please get off the computer!!"


Okay, so I'm really not that bad, but I really have been spending way too much time on the computer lately. I try to only get on it when Faith is in school or if she is occupied with something, but yes I am guilty for staying on it too long at times when she is trying to get my attention. This week she said to me at one moment, "Get off of that computer." I knew at that moment I was going into computer detox!:) Since I started blogging I have started reading so many wonderful blogs and met some very inspiring people through the blog world. I find myself so drawn to wanting to check in daily and I want to just keep on reading. It is like reading a good book for me that I just can not put down. Then to top it off it seems like each day I come across another blog and then another and another.......I have too stop!:) This blogging can get very addicting! I have decided that for awhile I will only get on during the day if Faith happens to be napping (we are really getting out of the nap stage) or for a short time in the evening once we have the kids all settled down. So I'll still be checking in with everyone, just not as often.
I also need to spend this time away from the computer getting caught up with my photo albums. I am about 2 years behind and I am so mad at myself for letting this happen. Since having digital cameras I am so guilty with just putting my photos on the computer and saving them to a CD and then forgetting about them. I have been going through them all and ordering prints and trying to get caught up. It feels good working on this, but I still have quite a ways to go. I also need to take a little break with taking sooooooooo many photos and concentrate on taking more video of Faith. When the boys were little I was constantly video taping them. We have really slacked with taking video of Faith. I'm going to make it a point to take much more video of her. Some other things I will be working on............................
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life Book.....


Here is the album I got to make Faith's life book for her. I plan to really get busy on this project! I have had this for quite some time now and just loved it when I saw it. It is pretty and simple and I loved the silk red ribbon on the side which goes with "Chinese red thread legend saying " I will put in her book. I am really excited about finally getting started on this book for her. I feel it is so important. She is at an age where she will actually get to sit and help me with some of it which I think will be very special for the both of us.
"An invisible Red Thread Connects those who are destined to meet........."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time to Get Fit!!!!!

Another thing I plan to do instead of spending so much time on the computer is try to start some kind of exercise routine . We have been so cooped up these last few months with all the wet weather and all the sickness that went around that I am really starting to feel it! I am feeling very unfit! Our bedroom is now set up like my own little mini-gym with the items below taking up a good part of our room. I just hope it gets some good use!! And not from the kids who think it is their own little play gym at the moment!

I found this at a local store for less than $100 so thought I would give it a go. It's easy to use and not high impact at all. I needed something low impact because a year ago I developed an ingrown toe nail which caused my arch to drop with walking wrong on my foot due to the ingrown toenail. It was extremely painful and I now have to wear arch supports in my right shoes. My foot Dr. recommended for me to stay away from any kind of high impact activity. Now if I can get some use out of it other than Faith using it for a swing when she sits on one of the feet pieces and swings back and forth.
A neighbor of ours asked me if I wanted this after it sat in her garage and never got used. I snatched it right up and hopefully it will actually get some use!! It seems like each time I try to go in the bedroom and get a work out at least one of the kids if not all 3 decide to follow me in. I have got to work out some kind of schedule! Like going in and locking the door behind me! :)



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recording Memories...

With all the photos I have been going through and trying to get organized I found these I took of Faith when she turned 3 years old. I love these photos and I remember thinking she looked so grown up and loved her expressions. I can't believe these were taken almost 2 years ago!!!



In less than a month it will be our 4th anniversary on receiving the news that Faith was our daughter!! I will be spending some time recording some of these memories on my blog as I never knew anything about the blog world back when we went through our adoption. I would like to have some of these wonderful moments recorded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just some random things we have going on:

* Dean has had to decide on a science fair project. He wants to do something with insects and has decided to see the effects that earthworms have on different plants and soils.

*Reed decided not to play baseball this year.:( He is going to give Karate a try this week. We're really missing the baseball season. He really wanted a break from it and we weren't going to force him to play.

*Faith is doing really well with her dance class. She is so cute to watch. The song they will be performing to for their recital is Fred Astaires "Cheek to Cheek." She loves to sing it and I think she just about knows the whole dance by heart.

*I volunteered to work at Dean's school book fair this entire week.

*Ruby is FINALLY out of "her time of month." It has been a long month! I can not wait to be able to start our walks again.

* I take Reed this week to see the orthodontist to see if he feels it is time to put his braces on his teeth.

*We had rain again all week-end! I am so ready for some nice warm weather!

* I can't believe Easter is a month away! We will be going out of town for Easter. I need to make arrangements for Ruby ( and the guinea pig and fish)

* We ended the Chinese New Year Saturday by watching the San Francisco Chinese New Year parade on TV. Faith was interested for a whole 2 minutes. I really enjoyed watching it. We took our CNY decorations down today.

Will be a busy week for me......hope everyone has a great one!!!
Oh, and for Ramona if you are reading this....I did see that I was tagged and I will take some time this week to answer! :)





3 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow! That is quite a list you have there! I have quite a few of the same goals especially with the photo albums. Good luck with everything!

Dawn said...

Good Luck! You have wonderful goals, and I understand the need to step away and focus on "life".

Lori said...

Colleen, thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog.
I understand completely about the blogging addiction.
Your daughter is just beautiful and the album you got her is perfect. I'm sure you will fill it with very special memories and moments for her. :)