Monday, December 01, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS...............................WITH A TWIST!!!!!!


We did the raffle for the book giveaway this morning before Faith went to school on her first day back from her month Fall break. She was so excited about drawing a name! After drawing the winner she wanted to just keep drawing more and more!! I wish I had more books to give away to everyone!!lol There were 20 entries..........................

I placed them all in a basket...............

and let Faith pick one....................

She chose very carefully................

this is so exciting.........................

and the winner is....................
ALLIE!!

Yeah Allie!!

AND NOW FOR THE TWIST.........
As soon as Faith drew Allie's name I emailed her right away to get her address. I received a very sweet email back from her. Allie has not experienced the adoption of a child yet, however hopes to in the future. I was very touched by her email and I hope she does not mind me sharing these words that she said.................

"I would love if the book went to a family with a beautiful adoption story and a beautiful child to enjoy it. I was not thinking when I entered the drawing and I guess I never thought I would win. What can I do to help get this book into the hands of a family brought together through adoption?"


I felt this was so very sweet of her to want to pass this on to another family and I wish her all the very best as her heart leads her on her adoption journey in the future. So in honor of Allie's wishes I decided to give the book to the second person who's name Faith drew knowing she has experienced the miracle of adoption twice. (I guess there was a reason Faith wanted to keep drawing those names!) I'm so glad I remembered! So the winner of the book giveaway now is..........................Michelle from Day by Day!!!!!
Congratulations Michelle!!!!!
Thanks to everyone who entered! It was lots of fun! And the twist to it made it even more special.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Congratulations Michelle!! And, way to go Allie - you sound like such a thoughtful and special person~ I hope things move along quickly and you have your child before you know it!!

Shanna said...

Congrats to Michelle! She is one sweet girl :D I can't think of anyone who deserves it more :)
Thanks for the give away.... so much fun!

day by day said...

Oh, how very sweet!! Thank-you, Faith!

And a very special thank-you to Allie!! That was such a thoughtful thing for you to do and I soooo appreciate it! I have wanted this book for quite a while and actually was very close to ordering it last week through Amazon(had it in my cart and all!). I held back, though because of the expenses of Christmas.

So, thank-you Allie for your gift of kindness and thank-you, Colleen!!!!!

Shawnstribe said...

wow, i love the twist!!!!
so glad you are back, i missed you!!!!
Got some photos of Ellens Annaliesa when they came to visit : )
cant wait to meet you guys one day
xxx
s

Portia Cason said...

Congratulations Michelle!

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. I'm hoping we can maybe meet up this year. The kids and I will be here through the first of the year.

Lori said...

The Santa photos are just darling!

Paula said...

What a sweet thing for Allie to do.
Yea, congrats michelle!