We finally have the house all decked out for Christmas, both inside and out! Plus boxes and containers finally put back in the garage! What normally takes us one day to decorate, seemed to drag out an entire week this year. For a week we had Christmas rubbermaid containers strewn all over the house. I didn't even put as much out this year as I normally do....felt the need to keep things simple.
Pearl, our Beagle, has been a little terror when it comes to the Christmas decorations! She is really enjoying her first Christmas thinking everything is out just for her! I have had to put everything up high so she can't get to them. I never even had to do this with the kids. She attacks all the Santa Claus' I have out dragging them around the house by the beards. I'd find pieces of the nativity scene all over the house so finally gave up keeping it under the tree. Reed asked me last night what I thought Pearl would do once there are presents under the tree? (yes, I am slow at getting things gift wrapped) I had not even thought of that yet! We might be starting a new tradition this year with the Christmas gifts!
We were also busy last week with the start of the kids Christmas festivities. Faith performed through her dance class at our towns traditional Christmas tree lighting. Luckily they performed inside....... it was cooooold! They performed a tap dance to "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" Just adorable! And of course when we got there and pulled out the camera the batteries were dead! Urgh! I'm off to a horrible start at Christmas photos this year!
Here is a little peak at some of our decorations...................
Pearl, our Beagle, has been a little terror when it comes to the Christmas decorations! She is really enjoying her first Christmas thinking everything is out just for her! I have had to put everything up high so she can't get to them. I never even had to do this with the kids. She attacks all the Santa Claus' I have out dragging them around the house by the beards. I'd find pieces of the nativity scene all over the house so finally gave up keeping it under the tree. Reed asked me last night what I thought Pearl would do once there are presents under the tree? (yes, I am slow at getting things gift wrapped) I had not even thought of that yet! We might be starting a new tradition this year with the Christmas gifts!
We were also busy last week with the start of the kids Christmas festivities. Faith performed through her dance class at our towns traditional Christmas tree lighting. Luckily they performed inside....... it was cooooold! They performed a tap dance to "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" Just adorable! And of course when we got there and pulled out the camera the batteries were dead! Urgh! I'm off to a horrible start at Christmas photos this year!
Here is a little peak at some of our decorations...................
Our China Tree!
I had been wanting to start doing this for a few years and finally did it this year. Decorate a tree in honor of China and Faith's Chinese heritage. I set a small white tree up and decorated it with these cute red lantern ornaments and a few ornaments we bought when in China. I want to start adding to it each year.
I had been wanting to start doing this for a few years and finally did it this year. Decorate a tree in honor of China and Faith's Chinese heritage. I set a small white tree up and decorated it with these cute red lantern ornaments and a few ornaments we bought when in China. I want to start adding to it each year.




















8 comments:
Your house looks wonderful. I feel the same way, it seemed like it took forever this year to clean up all the boxes and I was putting out less too. Please share where you found the red lantern ornaments....I have a little tree in our office with white paper lantern lights (from Target this summer) and wanted to do a China themed tree also...I love yours~
Merry Christmas
I absolutely loved seeing your decorations. Especially your ornaments. That's a great idea about the China themed tree. I might have to steal that next year when we're in our own house. Faith looked gorgeous in her outfit. I'll bet the performance was so cute! Merry Christmas to all of you!
It looks beautiful! We still have all the rubbermaid boxes out and I put up the decorations over a week ago! :-)
So far the puppies have left the tree alone except for the fact that Greta wants to sleep under it!
Oooo, so pretty! Love the kids projects - they are always my favorite too!
A China tree!?! What a great tradition!!
Faith is just soooooo gorgeous :)
Thanks for letting us have a peak at your lovely house. The China tree is a neat idea. I love all your decorations.
i love all the deco, and Faith looks stunning as always :)
i also love the China tree idea.
I love your spirit Colleen, i love your heart : )
xxx
s
Your decorations are beautiful!! Your "simple" is a lot....wow, you've been busy!! Enjoy
ps Faith looks beautiful in her pretty winter dress!
What a beautiful idea about the china tree!! And everything is gorgeous in your home!!
Post a Comment