Sunday, July 06, 2008

MY LITTLE FIRE CRACKER.............


We had a pretty quiet 4th of July week-end......no parades, fireworks, or BB Q's for us. Faith had her last day of swim lessons on Friday (she was very excited because Daddy was able to watch!) and we spent the rest of the week-end doing some shopping, watching movies, taking walks, and doing just a little bit of nothing! I still managed to dress Faith up for the 4th and of course couldn't resist taking some photos (the boys wanted nothing to do with photos this year...sigh....oh well!)












Off on one of our walks....................

nothing better than being pushed in the wagon with an ice pop!

(Faith added the red ribbon around her waist all on her own)

a stop at the park for some fun on the playground or so we thought........................


While at the park Faith must have stepped in or touched a wasp nest! All of a sudden she grabbed her arm and started screaming. Dale saw the wasp on her arm and got it off of her and then it attacked him. Next thing I know Faith has another one in her hair and she is screaming at the top of her lungs! The wasp did not want to get out of her hair and every time I tried to get it out it stung my hands. Finally I had to just pull her hair to get it out......it was awful. Then the wasp came after me and more just started coming at us. We were all literally being attacked by wasps!! They just kept on chasing us! I grabbed Faith in my arms and just started running home. We were the only ones at the park and boy what a sight we must have been! By the time we made it home we all had several bites all over. Poor Faith was pretty shook up by the whole thing and took awhile to settle down. We laugh about it now just how silly we must have looked all running around like crazy trying to get the wasps off of us.

9 comments:

Ramona said...

Ouch I hate wasps! Poor Faith! Great pictures though!

Joanne said...

First of all, how do you handle the cuteness?! Love the hat too! Secondly, the dress with the falling straps...well anyway I LOVE the added ribbon :)
Thirdly, so sorry you all went thru that wasp attack! Eddie got stung by a wasp this past weekend and was soooo upset. Yesterday he was obsessed with bees and tells me they are his favorite "animal" and he forgives the bee (awwww).

missy said...

Faith is such a cutie!!! I love her little smile. Paige looked at her pictures with me and said "I just love her hair". I've been after Paige to let us get bangs cut for her : )

Bless your hearts! The wasps would've completely freaked me out. Poor Faith...I hate that it scared her.

Glad you are all ok!

Anonymous said...

Faith is stunning~ and your photos are amazing. Other than having such a beautiful subject to photograph what are your secrets???

Shawnstribe said...

i love the photos so so somuch : )
the wasp story is awful, they are so mean, they can sting over and over agai, : (
im so glad you guys are ok.
xxxxx
s

Alyson and Ford said...

Your daughter is beautiful.... She is just drop-dead gorgeous (watch out for the millions of boyfriends in a few years!).
Sorry about the wasps!

Happy Summer!
Alyson LID 01/27/06

Lisa said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Your little firecracker sure is precious. We do have alot in common with our boys and girls. I will be glad when our new pup is housetrained. ;)

Football and Fried Rice said...

We don't like wasps either at our house. My boys will run screaming and asking if there are "bees on their backs" all the time!!

Faith has great hair!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Hi, I found your blog through Leslie (Myah's Days). Faith is just beautiful. I love her long hair. I can't wait until my daughter's hair gets long!

~Lynn