Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So hard to say goodbye to summer.......

(This new blog format is driving me crazy! I am having trouble downloading photos and figuring out how things work. I tried going back to my old template but I guess it no longer exists. May take me awhile to figure it all out.)
"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability". `Sam Keen

(I took this while at our stay in the Sierra's. Our hotel overlooked the river and it was so nice to wake up in the morning and enjoy the sunrise)
I can't believe tomorrow is the end of our "lazy summer days!"
I just tucked Faith into bed after snuggling together reading "The Kissing Hand."  Tomorrow she starts school as a second grader.  This time of year is so bitter sweet for me. I love the excitement of them starting a new school year, but I so miss them being around me 24/7. I miss their voices through out the house and the ever presence of them being close by. The first couple weeks of them back in school is always a little sad for me. (Although I admit I am looking forward to enjoying a clean house again..if only for a few hours in the day! :)

Wow, it's been 2 months since posting here. I really tried to limit my time on the computer over the summer and just enjoy the moments. I did pretty good, and I do realize now I spend WAY too much time on here. lol I'm hoping to try and continue to do better with this! Speaking of.....better get off here so I'll be ready for our big day tomorrow!




No comments: