Friday, August 13, 2010

FIrst Day back to school......Part 1



We have two "first" day back to school days in our household. Dean and Faith went back on Thursday and Reed starts back next Wednesday. I feel like the "official" day will be Wednesday when I have the challenge of getting 3 off to 3 different schools. I had to do this last year too and it can be quite the challenge (without having any tardies that is)! This will be my last year of doing this as Reed will be in HS next year with Dean. Yikes. Do not want to even think about that one! I will enjoy my challenge of 3 different schools while I can!
Couldn't be more proud of my beautiful 2nd grader!
She was so proud and excited about starting 2nd grade!
Faith is with her same teacher from last year in a 1st/2nd grade combo class.
I am hoping we did the right thing in accepting her to be in this. We thought socially it would be beneficial to her as she has socially always been a little on the young side compared with some of her peers. Our concern is if she will be challenged academically. They tested her in reading at the end of 1st grade and she was at a 4th grade level. I'm praying we did what we felt best for her and that she has a wonderful year.

I spared Dean the "first day of school" picture. He was dreading it. But. He does have to get one on Wednesday when Reed goes back. That was the deal! I want one of the 3 of them! And hopefully it will turn out better than last years! You can see that HERE! I have a challenge ahead of me!:)

Oh and I am writing this so I do not forget it!
On Thursday evening as Faith was getting her bath and telling me all about her day in 2nd grade our conversation went like this:

Faith: I know something girls have that boys don't have!
Me: (thinking oh my! Here it comes. What has she learned in school?!): Oh ya, and what's that?
Faith: A high IQ!

Whew! I wasn't too sure where that conversation was gonna go!:) 
(We did talk about how both girls and boys are smart as long as they work hard and do there best. Don't want my daughter getting too overly confident!:)




3 comments:

Joanne said...

Whew, that could have been your birds & the bees talk!! She is too cute... I've always felt that Mia isn't as mature as some of her peers (attention span, etc), but her teachers say she is such a smart girl...I think you did the right thing!

Sharon said...

Three in three different school!? OMGosh that would be so tough, you are such a trooper mom!! Somehow I always avoided that with B2, mostly they were only one year apart in school and we switched sround a few times and it always fell into place that they were together. Faith is just a gorgeous little school girl, too precious with her backpack!!

day by day said...

Oh, my....I did not realize that Faith was starting second grade already! I was thinking more like first grade...where does time go?

I am so glad she had a great first day!! I love the joke/story she told you about the high IQ!! Too funny!!!

Best of luck to you this week as you adjust to getting all 3 kiddos to where they need to be.

take good care!
love,
Michelle