Sunday, April 05, 2009

i heart faces... my friend & i


This weeks challenge at "i heart faces" is my friend and I. My boys grew up all of their early childhood as military children moving every couple of years. The challenge of making new friends and then turning around and saying good-bye has always been a part of their life. I have always loved this photo of my son Reed (in the middle) with his close friends he made when we were stationed in England. My sons not only had the challenge of living in a new country, but attending the British school system as well. Reed became fast friends with these four and they really looked out for him and helped him out being the new "American kid in school." Unfortunately he had to say good-bye to them, but I know he has memories that will last a lifetime.
(trust me, getting a photo of 5 active boys is not easy!:)

4 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

gorgeous!!!!!!!!
xxx
s

Rosina said...

Great job! I love how natural they all look!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a fun picture.....perfect for this week's theme!

Lisa

The Byrd's Nest said...

Great picture....I was immediately impressed I could see all of their faces! I know it must have been hard on them to leave their friends.