Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Time Away~



I will be taking a break from blogging for a few weeks. There always seems to be so much to get caught up on and take care of this time of year. At the top of my list is completing this!!
I have also volunteered to put the school raffle basket together for Faith's class. This is their biggest and most important fundraiser. I have several donations from local businesses (movie theater, bowling, ice skating, restaurants) now I just need to pull it all together with a themed basket.
I will also be knee deep in cleaning out closets. The kids have clothes in theirs that they outgrew 2 years ago.....with tags still on! I plan on making several trips to our local charity shop.
I am also feeling like the kids need my full attention right now. I get so addicted to this computer and I know it's bad because they always know exactly where to find me. I really need to come up with a plan for this.
We are also busy preparing for Chinese New Year! Faith is looking forward to bringing in red envelopes and Ox coloring pages for her class on Monday. We bought gold chocolate coins today (I am so glad I found them because I forgot to order them!) to fill in the red envelopes.
Lastly I have to post these photos of Faith in her beautiful new dress made by Daleea. Faith does not like dresses much, but she does not mind wearing these that Daleea makes. They are so nice and comfortable and I love them because she can wear them with jeans for a casual look or dress them up with stockings. I fell in love with this print when I saw it! She wore it Monday when I took the kids to lunch at Applebees on their day off. With a little bribing she let me take just a few photos..................


Her red balloon from Applebees













I'll still be checking in on everyone and I plan on posting on Faith's blog some just to get caught up on it for her. Will catch up in a few weeks! Until then..............

Gung Hei Fat Choy!!!!!!!
Happy Chinese New Year!!!!!!

10 comments:

Jewels of My Heart said...

Colleen, Faith is so beautiful she just takes my breath away... It is so much fun seeing her in her dress. I am too happy you both like it!
I so understand about taking a break. I have cut way back but I need to even more and get my sewing caught up so I can slow way down on it too.
Enjoy your precious family!
(I swiped a pic of Lady Faith in her dress for my blog)heheee

Beverly said...

Good luck getting everything you need done! Let us know how the raffle goes. Love the new dress, she is so beautiful! Love, Beverly

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Thanks for stopping by. I cant believe all that hair you little one has!!! Look forward to reading your blog, have a nice break!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

How cute is Faith in that adorable little dress!! I am glad she let you capture the moment:)

Enjoy your little bloggy break and Have a Happy CNY!!

Lisa

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I will miss you BUT completely understand!

Good luck on your lifebook...I had a friend offer to do one for Lottie today:) or at least help me with it...I lack in creativity!

I love these pictures of Faith and I LOVE her dress!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Aha so you were the lucky one that got the beautiful dress : ) I just found your blog and your taking a break...well I guess I better read backwards then. Your daughter is so beautiful and the dress is just stunning on her.
Have a nice blog break!!! If you have a moment stop by the nuthouse and say hello. I love meeting new people and your name is so easy to remember ; P

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Happy Chinese New year to you and your family too. Dont stay away for too long, but a little break every now and then is a good thing.
Love Jules

Joanne said...

I'll miss you! I hope you'll let us take some more peeks at Faith's lifebook - I need ideas!
Looooooooove Faith in her new dress - just stunning!

Michelle said...

Happy Chinese New Year! I'll look forward to your return. I love the photos of Faith in her dress. She is precious and the dress is perfect on her!

Ivy Shaffer said...

Hi Colleen,
I recognize your beauty now, in one of the limited productions made by Daleea!

What a beautiful child.

You are so blessed.

Have a wonderful day and come by so say hello.

I love Daleea and her work. she's a dear friend.

Take care,

Ivy