I also buy a book each year about CNY that is best for Faith's age. She adores books so this is a great way to help her learn how they celebrate the New Year in her birth country. She is fascinated with the zodiac animals and loves to talk about the year that each of us were born.
We keep our celebration pretty simple. I put out a few decorations that we bought while in China and of course a big bowl of oranges for "good luck." We get together with a few local families at a Chinese Buffet restaurant for dinner which is really nice. I usually plan this each year so I guess I better get busy! It comes early this year! When Faith is older we'd like to bring her to a bigger celebration, but for now I think it's best to keep it simple.
I talked to Faith's teacher about us sharing something about CNY with the class and she thought this would be a good idea. I will bring a book in on CNY and some red envelopes with chocolate coins and a coloring sheet of an ox for the kids to color.
I also love dressing Faith in her Chinese attire!! It is the one time she doesn't make a fuss about wearing it! Here are a few photos from past Chinese New Years..................
We keep our celebration pretty simple. I put out a few decorations that we bought while in China and of course a big bowl of oranges for "good luck." We get together with a few local families at a Chinese Buffet restaurant for dinner which is really nice. I usually plan this each year so I guess I better get busy! It comes early this year! When Faith is older we'd like to bring her to a bigger celebration, but for now I think it's best to keep it simple.
I talked to Faith's teacher about us sharing something about CNY with the class and she thought this would be a good idea. I will bring a book in on CNY and some red envelopes with chocolate coins and a coloring sheet of an ox for the kids to color.
I also love dressing Faith in her Chinese attire!! It is the one time she doesn't make a fuss about wearing it! Here are a few photos from past Chinese New Years..................
2004 (Faith was not home to celebrate CNY, but I did take her to get her photos in her Chinese dress once she was home)


2008 Year of the Rat (Ratatouille rat!)
Jeez, this week flew by!!!! We're still trying to get back into the swing of things around here after the long break. Faith has been having a hard time waking up in the mornings to get the boys off to school. I have been so especially glad this week that she is in afternoon Kindergarten!




3 comments:
Very cute she is! You will have to find another ox! I love your new header, so cute!
Faith through the years~ stunning!!!
Happy (upcoming) Chinese New Year.
Too funny about the oven :) Faith is really model material!! What a beauty!!
I cannot believe the ox is sold out - now you got my neighbor (Meaghan Grace's mommy) into taking her CNY pic's with the zodiac animal...I'll have to warn her!
Post a Comment