Wow!!!! I can't believe it is 2009!!!!!!
We rang in 2009 in our usual way............at home cozy and warm in front of the TV watching the countdown. I bought streamer poppers for the kids so at 12:00 eastern time (9:00 our time) we had streamers all over the place! (I am still finding them through out the house) We decided to celebrate at 9:00 so that Faith could go to bed. She thought it was midnight our time so she really thought she was something staying up so late;)! The rest of us managed to some how stay awake until 12:00 our time. Reed was the only one not already half asleep by that time. Our town had fireworks go off and Pearl (that managed to sleep through 3 kids popping streamers all over her) totally lost her mind with the fireworks! We spent the next hour trying to calm her down.
I didn't really take too many photos on New Years Eve, but I took this of Reed popping a streamer at midnight with the "2009" on the tv in the background.
We have been SO lazy this past week not doing too much of anything except staying in our pjs until noon (yes, me too!) We had so many things we planned to do with the kids (take them to a museum, drive up north to play in the snow, take a couple day trips) The kids just seemed so content being home and playing with their friends. We did manage to get out and go to Six Flags a couple days before New Years. We had passes we needed to use up before the end of the year. They had the park all done up for winter complete with 


I took a photo of this because this totally cracked us up! Reed went to wait in line for a ride only he wanted to go on, so we decided to get some milk shakes and sit near by to wait for him. We sat at this table right near the ride and while we were sitting there this family came and plopped right down with us and took over our table as if we were not even sitting there! They even moved one of our milk shakes I had sitting there out of the way to make room for them. The funny thing is there were other empty tables right around us. I kind of smiled at them waiting for them to say something or ask if they minded if they sat with us, but never one word!! They totally ignored us. It really was the strangest thing. They were an older couple with 3 children so we assumed they were the Grandparents. Dale was standing a few feet away to keep a better eye on Reed and he was just cracking up watching it all. One of the kids was crawling all over the table. I think I was too in disbelief to get aggravated. Faith who is normally very talkative to everyone just kind of stared at them like who are you? When they started getting up to leave I ran over by Dale really quick to snap a photo of it all. I only managed to get the the Grandmother and 2 of the children. They just got up and left without a word. Too funny!So now it is back to reality!!!!! I managed to take all of Christmas down on New Years Day. It normally takes me a few days to get it all down, but with not putting as much out this year it went pretty quickly.
I stopped by Hallmark and Pier 1 yesterday and they had all there Christmas 75% off! I picked up several hallmark ornaments and also a few from Pier 1 that I thought would go nice on our China tree. I told myself I was not going to buy any after Christmas things this year, but with those prices I just couldn't resist! Pier 1 also had some cute Chinese New Year things for those that might be interested!
I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season and I wish you a 2009 full of health and happiness! I appreciate so much your sweet comments and for taking the time to share in what is going on with our family. It really means so much!! I've enjoyed so much getting to know so many of you through this "blog world!" I look forward to sharing 2009 with you!!!!
I stopped by Hallmark and Pier 1 yesterday and they had all there Christmas 75% off! I picked up several hallmark ornaments and also a few from Pier 1 that I thought would go nice on our China tree. I told myself I was not going to buy any after Christmas things this year, but with those prices I just couldn't resist! Pier 1 also had some cute Chinese New Year things for those that might be interested!
I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season and I wish you a 2009 full of health and happiness! I appreciate so much your sweet comments and for taking the time to share in what is going on with our family. It really means so much!! I've enjoyed so much getting to know so many of you through this "blog world!" I look forward to sharing 2009 with you!!!!




11 comments:
These are great pictures. That sledding looks like so much fun...my little Lottie would have loved it! I look forward to 2009 with your family as well!
Happy New Year!!! Funny story about the strange family! Things like that happen to Joel and I all the time! LOL Love, Beverly
Hi Colleen,
I wanted to come over and wish you a Happy New Year and say thank you for stopping by my blog...your comment was so sweet!!
Looks like you all had a wonderful New Year's....last year we bought those confetti popper's for the kids...who knew they were that messy...LOL!! I found confetti for weeks!! Hope that 2009 is filled with many blessing for you and your beautiful family!
Lisa
Happy new year! Arn't people funny?!
Thanks for the heads up on CNY!
Hi Colleen!!
That is such a funny story....guess you looked like a fun family to sit with. hee hee!
I love the picture of your pup with the confetti...that is too cute!!!
And good for you having a lazy week! I SO need one of those!!
A very Happy 2009 to YOU!!!!
Happy New Year! It looks like you had a nice family New Year. And that is too funny about the family sitting next to you. We've had that happen, but never with empty tables nearby. Did you wonder if you had suddenly turned invisible?
Happy New Year - too funny about the "take over family"!! Some people....!!
Thanks for the tip about CNY at Pier 1...I am hosting it at my house this year and need "stuff" !!!
I'm glad you had a nice new year. Aren't those the best ones; cozy and warm inside? I LOVE the picture of Pearl and the confetti. SO CUTE.
Happy New Year Colleen to you and your beautiful family
xxxx.
May this year be full of grace and love
s
Now that's just a funny story! Maybe y'all just have that comfortable way about you, and even strangers feel welcome.?
Terrye in FL
So many great shots of such great fun!! I am crazy about the dog's expression! Too too cute!! I would come join your fmaily any day! haha you all seem to have such a blast!
Post a Comment