For the attempt to get a Christmas card photo! (the dreaded Christmas card photo as my kids would say!) We decided to stay home this past week-end and get some things done around the house, soooooooooooo I decided it was time to get that Christmas picture taken. My boys despise it and the older they get the harder it gets!! I thought it was tough when they were small! Nope! It just gets harder! I made them dress in matching colors and spent an hour trying to get just ONE descent photo. I have been doing this for the last 12 years and each year I stress over it begging them to please look at the camera, please smile, please don't make that funny face, please, please please!! It is hilarious! They have to watch their Mom make a full out of herself while she desperately tries to get that one photo! Each year I think what a pain it is, but as I look back at the following years photos I am so thankful I have them and they all bring back such special memories. It is always those photos that never quite turned out that end up being my favorites. So here are just a few of the MANY I took this year. I didn't use any of these, but I'm sure I'll look back at them and love them.............
Goofing off!
Ruby please don't smile that big!

Reed can you put your feet down and Faith can you please sit in the middle!
WHEW! That was exhausting! Until NEXT Year!
Goofing off!
Ruby please don't smile that big!
Reed can you put your feet down and Faith can you please sit in the middle!
WHEW! That was exhausting! Until NEXT Year!
2 comments:
Your family is beautiful!! I can't believe it doesn't get easy as they get older ~ these pictures will surely be the death of me!! It does help to know that I'm not the only mother making a complete fool of herself to get THAT pic!! We will try for our this weekend!
I love these photos! Particularly the last one. I can see so much personality in all three faces! But please don't tell me it gets harder! I am already dreading this year's photo!
Post a Comment