We rented a u haul this week-end and cleared out the garage! The boys were wonderful helping Daddy with loading it all up and unloading it at the new house. I was really proud of them, never did they complain once. (Okay, maybe just a little:) Let's just say Faith and I were there for moral support ;) By the time we were through, this was completely full! (Yes, we have way too much stuff!)

So the moving has begun!!!! We plan to rent a u haul again this week-end and hopefully get most of our house hold items moved. Then the following week-end we are hiring someone to move the heavy furniture. Our goal is to be sleeping at our new home in 2 weeks!
Our kitchen is now complete and we are sooooooo happy and excited about it! Here are some photos I took while it was in the middle of being torn apart.......

We had the kitchen cabinets and island resurfaced, granite counters and tile back splash put on, and we repainted the walls. We also put the flooring in. Our upstairs hall and master bedroom has Brazilian hardwoods floors and we wanted to match it as best we could. I love this flooring!
We were on a really tight budget and we are just so tickled with how wonderful it turned out!


I LOVE how it turned out!!!
(We plan to put a french slider door in where the window by the table is)


The island is our most favorite part of it. I love this granite color. We plan to get a chandelier to put above it.

We have had most of our furniture since we have been married. Which means it is all almost 20 years old!! We are so ready for some new things, but also trying to budget. This was our dining room table we bought when we got married. It converts to a small round table so we decided to use it as our breakfast table. The seat cushions were getting really worn so I redid them and gave them more of a kitchen feel.

I also love the apple tree outside my kitchen window. It is always full of pretty birds and I love that I'll be able to watch them as I do the dishes.

I still want to get different valances and eventually we want to get stainless steel appliances. We did get a new stainless steel fridge which is so nice.







10 comments:
Wow! your kitchen is fabulous!!! I know you are seriously looking forward to spending time in that room. Moving is SO stinkin stressful, but having a kitchen like that just may make it all worth it :)
WOW! You guys did a gorgeous job! Your kitchen is so open and looks like it has so much light - I think you are going to be VERY happy there :) Congrats!
Colleen..your kitchen looks beautiful...You have given me some inspiration for when I get to do mine!!
oh, I love it all! Beautiful. You will love making memories there for sure! Glad you got the garage moved only a few more weeks till your all moved in. So, so happy for you all!
Wow!!!! Absolutely gorgeous kitchen, Colleen! I know you are so pleased...
Good luck with the rest of your move. :)
It looks BEUATIFUL Colleen!! I love it.... and I am sure you will be spending lots of time in there!
Good luck with the move!
xo,
Lisa
What a wonderful job you did on your new kitchen! It looks fantastic. I love the backsplash and the granite and the colors. Your dining table is great and so are those reupholstered chairs!
I think you should be very happy in your new home. I hope that we will be moving soon too!
stunning!!! WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
ENJOY
Love Julesxxxxxx
I'm packing my bags and moving in. I hope Dale doesn't mind. Also, I may or may not want to marry your refrigerator.
You did such a fabulous job! What great taste. Are those subway tiles for the back splash? I love those!
It looks great! You did a wonderful job! And I love how much room and counter space you have!
Post a Comment