Summer is slipping away and I am not ready for it to end. School starts back next Thursday and I am in complete denial. I always get a little anxious and sad at this time of year thinking of the kids going back to school. I get use to their constant presence in the house and hearing their voices through out the day. I love our lazy mornings and staying outside late into the evening. We have had a pretty laid back summer filled with playdates, sleep overs, movies, swimming, and a few week-end road trips.
I am really not ready for this little girl to be in school full time this year!!! (Kindergarten was only 3 1/2 hours) Oh my heart!!! The thought of it really makes my heart ache. I am seriously trying to find an excuse as to why she needs to repeat Kindergarten!;) If only she wasn't such an excellent reader! It is days like this I wish I had the patience, drive, and skills to home school. Off to hang on to our one more week of summer as long as I can............
(I took these photos of Faith this past week-end. The boys would not oblige. They told me to please not ruin their summer break!)











9 comments:
Colleen these pictures are so beautiful! What an eye you have...I feel the same way about summer...I am so thankful we still another month...I cannot imagine the day Lucy has to go to school all day, I might just homeschool HER!!!
Faith takes my breath away as always.... beautiful pictures.
I just have to tell you that I am so proud of you for resisting and not RUINING YOUR BOY'S SUMMER by taking their picture! ROFLOL
such beautiful photos of Faith! I know how you will feel. It was awful having Noah go off to all day kindergarten. Having him home with me all day homeschooling is the best for him and me!
It's hard to believe Faith is going into 1st grade! Wow! She is so beautiful! And I can understand what you mean about summer going too fast! My kids are in daycare every day and I'm still not ready for the summer to end!
Gorgeous Girl! I love the ones with her head tilted - so pretty! Wow, you guys start school early - we go back the first week of Sept...my "E" starts 1st grade, which is full day too..it will be so weird to have him gone the whole day. Enjoy the rest of the summer :)
Well I know exactly what you're going through...Grace started Kindergarten last Fall and I was quite stressed out about it. In hindsight she's had an amazing year in school and she loved it. It is hard to let them go.
You capture her personality so well Colleen. She's adorable in that sweet dress and her boots!
What a little beauty...and you are so gifted!
I just adore her little boots with her white dress....she is precious.
Oh Colleen, these photos are wonderful!!!!
i just need to get the camera out andX X sighs ; (
the big kids aren't much better!
can't believe your kids go back to school already that is so sad : (
xxx
s
Post a Comment