Well, this is it!! The best "back to school" photo I could get! Notice Dean is having his breakfast on the go as he is holding a glass of carnation breakfast in his hand. (hey, at least it has essential vitamins, right??) Reed is still buttoning up his shirt, and that is a fruit roll up Faith is holding in her hand. She told me she was still hungry after eating her bowl of Captain Crunch so I told her to grab a piece of fruit to eat in the car. Apparently "fruit" roll-ups count as fruit.
It is 2 weeks tomorrow that Dean and Faith have been back in school and 1 week for Reed. These past couple of weeks have been hectic, Hectic, HECTIC!!! Having one in High School, one in Middle School, and one in 1st grade, yep, 3 different schools, has been a challenge!!! We have to wake up and leave the house 30 minutes earlier than we did last year to get everyone to school on time. We are all still trying to get into the routine. Boy do I wish we had school bus service here! I am very fortunate that the boys are great about waking up early and taking care of themselves. But poor Faith!! Waking up early has been so tough on her. She got so use to being in afternoon Kindergarten last year. On her first day of school she did not want to get up at all. Here are the only back to school photos of Faith that I have on her first day of 1st grade......
She was also 10 minutes late to school on her first day!!! I felt terrible as I did not rely on enough time for getting Dean to High School first. The HS is a lot further than the other 2 schools. After a few days of waking up early for school Faith said to me, " I think I just want to go to afternoon school." :)
I did manage to get a photo of Dean on his first day of High School!He is adjusting to High School really well and he seems to be enjoying his classes. He is taking a Jazz Band class which I am hoping will be good for him. He plays the saxophone and his instructor ( who played for Santana at one time) has told the class he will be teaching them to play from the heart. No reading music, which Dean is use to doing, so it should be a challenge.
As soon as we are into our routine a little better and not racing around to get out of the house on time I will try for some more back to school photos! Hopefully by Christmas. At least that is my goal.
Now I need to get off here so I can have lunches packed for in the morning. I am volunteering in Faith's class for the first time tomorrow, which means I need to leave the house looking some what decent so better rely on a little more time for that!

12 comments:
" I think I just want to go to afternoon school." Hilarious!! She'll be ready for college life then. ;)
P.S. Your schedule makes me tired.
This has been SO theraputic to read, Colleen! I don't have nearly the transportation challenge you face with 3 different schools ... BUT I am still feeling quite stressed about getting Cowgirl to her school on time! Traffic is a nightmare where her school is so we'll park somewhere in the neighbourhood and then walk a bit. Which will be nice because it'll give us 'chat' time on the walk back to the car at the end of her school day. Still ... like you, I SO wish we had school bus service here in the UK. It would reap so many benefits all around and really improve traffic in the morning. Ah, well ... next week we'll do a couple of dry runs in the mornings (she starts 7th September) and see how we go!
And you had me laughing about having to make more of an effot for yourself as you were volunteering in Faith's class! I can SO relate to that because I've always taken the dog out for her country walk (aka MUD) every morning after dropping Cowgirl at nursery! They've never seen me in decent clothes! I'm sure they wouldn't recognize me on the street!
Thanks for sharing all this. I really, really enjoy your blog!
Ellen xxx
This has been SO theraputic to read, Colleen! I don't have nearly the transportation challenge you face with 3 different schools ... BUT I am still feeling quite stressed about getting Cowgirl to her school on time! Traffic is a nightmare where her school is so we'll park somewhere in the neighbourhood and then walk a bit. Which will be nice because it'll give us 'chat' time on the walk back to the car at the end of her school day. Still ... like you, I SO wish we had school bus service here in the UK. It would reap so many benefits all around and really improve traffic in the morning. Ah, well ... next week we'll do a couple of dry runs in the mornings (she starts 7th September) and see how we go!
And you had me laughing about having to make more of an effot for yourself as you were volunteering in Faith's class! I can SO relate to that because I've always taken the dog out for her country walk (aka MUD) every morning after dropping Cowgirl at nursery! They've never seen me in decent clothes! I'm sure they wouldn't recognize me on the street!
Thanks for sharing all this. I really, really enjoy your blog!
Ellen xxx
And P.S.
Your family is SO gorgeous! I love the new photo of the children and the dogs (in the right column). Your boys are SO handome and Faith is stunning!
Ellen xx
Oh boy, is this what I'm in for in 2 weeks? How is Faith adjusting to a full day of 1st grade? My Eddie will be doing the same in a few short days...
Love your posts, as always :)
These are the great years you will keep in your heart forever. It sounds like fun and exciting times!
Oh, bless your heart! You are literally the school bus! That has to be tough.
I am glad everyone is adjusting to school and I hear ya on Faith wanting to sleep in. Ella is a late riser and next week I will be having to get her up early....NOT an easy thing to do. Her first day school pics may be the same as Faith's. lol!
have a great day, my friend!!!
love,
~Michelle
I cannot imagine getting them off to three different schools each and every day....YIKES!!
Poor Faith...I bet they all wish they could attend "afternoon school" Hopefully the new schedule will get easier as time goes on.
Enjoy your weekend!
Lisa
It is not easy! But you do a good job :)!
oh that little Faith.....my girls are the same way.....aren't we all though;) You guys enjoy your weekend!
This stuff is hard work isn't it??? I have Lucy going to afternoon and was thinking of trying to switch to AM...maybe I should listen to Faith!!
Hey Colleen, love the photos, the close ups are amazing!! Hubby is a dentist and I asked him to look at Faith's tooth photo. He says once baby teeth come out, the big ones should straighten themselves out. My mornings involve 3 different schools too, but living in the country side means we dont have traffic, just the usual get everyone dressed fed and out the door on time scenario! Wish I could volunteer at school too, I used to - before work consumed all my free time. Oh well.
Great to catch up on all your news!!
Love Jules
xxx
Post a Comment