
A few months ago I started a Lego magazine subscription for Faith after getting tired of hearing Reed fuss that Faith is always grabbing his Lego magazines. She loves getting them in the mail and reading through them. And she can actually read them! She amazes me! She is reading at a 2nd/3rd grade level! Lately she has started reading to herself without reading out loud and it is so cute to watch her do this. She gets so excited about being able to do this. She will tell be "Mommy, I am reading all in my mind without even making any sound."
We've been very busy around here with the end of school winding down. Dean's last week is next week and Reed and Faith get out the following week. I have been planning Faith's Birthday which is this Saturday!!!!! We will be celebrating this year with just a special day with the family. We have a fun filled day planned and I am really looking forward to it. With the exception of Faith's 1st birthday we have always had a celebration with all of her friends. With her getting older this was the first year that I didn't just plan the day for her but we discussed it together. I asked her what she would like to do on her birthday and we talked about different options for parties. When I told her we could always celebrate with just the family and have a family party with a day full of fun things she would like to do her face lit up and she said that's what I want.......just a family birthday party. I was a little worried as the day got closer she might be disappointed and wish she was having a party with her friends, but she is just so excited about her big day on Saturday. I have to admit I was a little disappointed at first because I love planning her parties with her little friends, but it is actually kind of nice!
We are baking blueberry muffins to bring to her class tomorrow to celebrate. What happened to the days when you could actually bring cupcakes!! I know it's good the schools are focusing more on healthy eating habits, but I wish they would make exceptions for birthdays!:)
Here are some photos I took of Faith yesterday as she was reading her magazine. I posted the first photo and realized our address was on the magazine and marked it out right away.
We've been very busy around here with the end of school winding down. Dean's last week is next week and Reed and Faith get out the following week. I have been planning Faith's Birthday which is this Saturday!!!!! We will be celebrating this year with just a special day with the family. We have a fun filled day planned and I am really looking forward to it. With the exception of Faith's 1st birthday we have always had a celebration with all of her friends. With her getting older this was the first year that I didn't just plan the day for her but we discussed it together. I asked her what she would like to do on her birthday and we talked about different options for parties. When I told her we could always celebrate with just the family and have a family party with a day full of fun things she would like to do her face lit up and she said that's what I want.......just a family birthday party. I was a little worried as the day got closer she might be disappointed and wish she was having a party with her friends, but she is just so excited about her big day on Saturday. I have to admit I was a little disappointed at first because I love planning her parties with her little friends, but it is actually kind of nice!
We are baking blueberry muffins to bring to her class tomorrow to celebrate. What happened to the days when you could actually bring cupcakes!! I know it's good the schools are focusing more on healthy eating habits, but I wish they would make exceptions for birthdays!:)
Here are some photos I took of Faith yesterday as she was reading her magazine. I posted the first photo and realized our address was on the magazine and marked it out right away.





3 comments:
Oh! So, so lovely! Adore the photos of Faith reading ... and nose to nose with Pearl!
Happy Birthday, Faith ... on Saturday!
Ellen xxx
Happy Birthday to Faith
Absolutely cannot believe she will be six!
Susanna
(mum and dad can't access blog in China currently as their computer software changed and I the resident computer fixer am alll the way in the UK am afaid my hands don't stretch that far!)
I love the pictures of her with Pearl. So adorable!
Post a Comment