Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Getting caught up...........

or at least trying to after getting back from our week long whirl wind trip to Disney World!!! Of course Florida had record high temps while we were there! Not the best time to be walking around Disney!:0 We had a great time despite the heat. It did slow us down quite a bit and we maybe only got in half of what we wanted to do.
I did not take many photos as we took advantage of the Disney photo pass they offer. It was so nice not to be lugging my big camera around and not worrying about taking photos every minute. With the photo pass you can stop any where there is a Disney photographer and have them take your picture. Then you later look at your photos on the computer and can purchase only the ones you want.
We have lots of catching up to do from the trip! We took the kids out of school for a week on independent study and I'm really proud of them how well they did with keeping up with all of their school work. Not easy for kids to do while on a trip to Disney! For Dean this was very easy to do as organization comes easy for him. For Reed it was a struggle and I'm not sure that pulling him out of school for a week was the best thing to do.
Now off to empty another suitcase and put in another load of laundry before getting Faith off to school and help out in her class.
I look forward to getting caught up on all my favorite blogs this week .......I have missed everyone!!!

(this photo was taken after a long HOT (as you can tell by Reeds face) day spent at Magic Kingdom. One of the Disney photographers took a photo of the kids posed like this in front of the castle. I think he found the red rifle gun that Faith is holding very amusing.......this is what she HAD to have out of all the Disney souvenirs! lol Most of the girls were walking around with princess wands, but not my girl!!!! hee hee

7 comments:

Beverly said...

Oh too cute!!! Love the red gun! Cant wait to see more photos!

day by day said...

I am so glad you had a nice time...sorry it was so hot! Sometimes we feel like we need a vacation when we return from our vacations, huh?

Faith is too funny with that red gun. lol!

Joanne said...

Oh welcome home! I cannot wait to hear more about your trip and see more photos! Love this photo, I was cracking up :)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

LOL I love this picture...it reminds me Annie Oakley LOL Oh so cute!!!!
I hate walking around Disney in the heat...we have done that several times...we usually spend most of our days at the waterparks...Disneyworld is my favorite place to be...I am big kid and I will always love Disneyworld!!!!

Portia Cason said...

I'm glad your back! It's funny how you can actually miss someone in this virtual world, huh?
Faith is hilarious in this photo! The boys look shattered and she looks like she's been chasing them around the park with her gun and isn't done yet! So cute!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I think we are going to take the girls when we come back on our first stateside. Have a great weekend!

Ramona said...

We are sorry we missed you while you here. But I totally understand how vacations work! It looks like you had a great time, and I'm sorry our weather was so tough on you! :-)