I can't believe I actually did it!!! I decided on a camera!! Trust me, I can never decide on anything so this is a big deal!:)
Two weeks ago we went camera shopping and after checking out several I decided to stick with Nikon. My first decent digital camera was my Nikon D70 and I loved it!! That was almost 4 years ago. Last month it stopped working on me and after realizing even Dale (who can normally fix anything!:) wasn't going to be able to fix it, I sent it off to Nikon hoping it would be a minor repair. Well, the repair was minor (needs cleaning), but the price to fix it wasn't so minor! They wanted to charge almost $300 for cleaning repair! I know it is my own fault. I carry my camera around everywhere like it is undestructable! I'm really surprised it has lasted 4 years without any problems.
Soooo, I decided it was time for another camera. I checked out several different cameras after admiring the gorgeous photos some of YOU all take! But decided I am most comfortable with the Nikon. After going back and forth between the D40 and D60 (D40 replaced the D70 and D60 is the next step up) I have finally decided on the D40. It received really good reviews and for the price they say there is not that big of a difference in the D60. I like the simpleness of the D40 as I am still learning. I figure with the money I save getting the D40 I will get a nice lens. Eventually I would like to get the Nikon D80 but I don't think I'm ready for it yet.
Here are just a few photos I snapped of Faith while playing around with my new camera!! (The Fall photos and princess photos on my posts below are also with my new Nikon.)



We are hoping to get away for a few days. Not sure what we will be doing yet, but Dean has off of shcool next week and we have decided to pull Reed and Faith out of school for a couple of days. We'd like to go somewhere to see all the pretty fall leaves and just get outdoors and do some hiking. The dogs will be tagging along with us too. You know I'll be taking TONS of photos to share with my new camera!!!!:)
~Have a great week-end~

5 comments:
I have an older version~ Nikon 60 OH how I love my camera. I have no doubt you will be pleased with you purchase and with the TONS of pictures you will take!
Have a fabulous week,
Krista
How fun to get a new camera!! I am still trying to figure out mine....3 months later. lol!
Have a great week...enjoy your time away!
well wether it was with your lil camera or your new one, you always do a great job of capturing your precious moments.
Cant wait for more photos : )
xxx
s
Oh...I am coveting your new camera! You have a wonderful weekend away and the pictures are precious.
Congratulations on your new camera. My friend, Laura, has a Nikon and I have used it to photograph her daughter Annslee and I LOVE it. Unfortunately, I have a canon and have several lenses so I am stuck for a while.
Can't wait to see your fall photos!
Post a Comment