It has been a crazy week and I am just now getting caught up on photos from our Cambria trip. Can't believe it is already Friday and a week since we got back.
We spent 3 days on the central coast of CA in the beautiful and quaint town of Cambria. Our hotel was right across the street from the ocean so we spent most of our time walking the beach and exploring. It was absolutely gorgeous!
I have to admit this was the first trip that we have taken in our 14 years of having children that I really wished we could have taken this trip just as a couple without any kids! We are so fortunate that our children have always been great travelers and for the most part are very well behaved. BUT. We did have to hear a lot of the "I'm bored." "I just want to stay in the room." "Why are we going there?" "I don't want to do that." Blah, blah, blah!!! It was so funny because as we were walking one morning and I was trying desperately to take a photo of the kids, a couple walked by and asked me if I would like them to take a family photo. We got to chatting and they said this was the first trip they had taken without their 12 year old son and they were having the time of their lives. They said it was so nice to not hear any complaining. Dale and I just looked at them with envy. Sigh. As they walked off I realized we never did take that family photo. Oh well.
Here are a few from the beach called "Moonstone Beach" that was right across from our hotel......
We spent 3 days on the central coast of CA in the beautiful and quaint town of Cambria. Our hotel was right across the street from the ocean so we spent most of our time walking the beach and exploring. It was absolutely gorgeous!
I have to admit this was the first trip that we have taken in our 14 years of having children that I really wished we could have taken this trip just as a couple without any kids! We are so fortunate that our children have always been great travelers and for the most part are very well behaved. BUT. We did have to hear a lot of the "I'm bored." "I just want to stay in the room." "Why are we going there?" "I don't want to do that." Blah, blah, blah!!! It was so funny because as we were walking one morning and I was trying desperately to take a photo of the kids, a couple walked by and asked me if I would like them to take a family photo. We got to chatting and they said this was the first trip they had taken without their 12 year old son and they were having the time of their lives. They said it was so nice to not hear any complaining. Dale and I just looked at them with envy. Sigh. As they walked off I realized we never did take that family photo. Oh well.
Here are a few from the beach called "Moonstone Beach" that was right across from our hotel......
I don't know what it is about the ocean and sand, but when my boys get near it they become possessed. All they want to do is wrestle and fight with one another. I know they are only playing but it can sure get annoying when trying to take a relaxing walk on the beach or trying to take photos! :)

These little squirrels were everywhere along the boardwalk. Dean saved some of his waffle to feed them one morning.




We also visited the Hearst Castle which was amazing!! And took a drive to the town of San Luis Obispo. Still downloading those photos so I will take you on a tour of the castle next post.
Our week has been crazy and I am so looking forward to the week-end! Reed had a pretty rough few days after getting his braces on. His mouth has been so sore and he has not felt like eating anything. I let him stay home from school for 2 days (I'm a softy!) and I am bringing him a Jamba juice for lunch today.
Have a great week-end!!!!!!
Have a great week-end!!!!!!





6 comments:
Wow, Colleen....beautiful pictures!! I am so glad that you had a nice time away...it is a great time of year to travel!!
Sorry Reed has been in pain...it should go away soon.
take good care and have a wonderful week-end, my friend!!
love,
Michelle
beautiful photos and a beautiful place! Funny about the kids and the boys play fighting! I think about a trip away with just me and Joel and then get to feeling so guilty! LOL It would be nice though.
Wow..that is her pout....it looks like an ad for the gap or something...she is truly beautiful..even when she is pouting.
Great pictures...so peaceful.
Oh, just beautiful! I'vc been to Moonstone Beach! Sigh...your post really makes me homesick (but in a good way!!!) SO glad to hear you had a fabulous time (despite the moanings!!)
Having a weekend at home as Annaliesa is very poorly - very high fever and up most of last night, but sleeping for the past few hours, so that's a good thing. Think it's just an ordinary virus and nothing more sinister. Still - it's weird to see her so limp and tired. Usually, it's like having the cartoon character, Speedy Gonzales around! Makes me realize how much I miss that ball of energy...
xxx
Oh Wow does this area look beautiful. I was at Hearst about 15 years ago, but never made it to Cambria. It looks gorgeous. Maybe you and Dean can make it there alone sometime. Love that pout shot of Faith's!
Wow, what a great place and I SO have to agree!!! Sometimes a holiday without the kids is just what you need. My boys do the same, give them some outdoor space and the place wrestle, but it seems to be a 12 year old thing too, the testosterone is kicking in big time. It seems to settle down a bit by 14, then they get to mature to play wrestle. So hang on in there and for goodness sake - have a holiday with NO kids!!!
Love Jules
xxxx
Post a Comment