Friday, October 23, 2009

Bubble Gum Anyone??????

I am STILL getting caught up on my posts from our Cambria trip we took a couple weeks ago!!!
While our stay in Cambria we decided to take about a 45 minute drive to the town San Luis Obispo and have lunch there. I had never been and I have heard it is a really pretty town worth seeing. We didn't have too much time to spend there so we parked down town and walked around to find a place to eat. I heard about an ally there that is called 'bubble gum ally." It started many years ago as a place that people would go and stick their gum and it just kind of grew into this yucky bubble gum "master piece" of gum. I told the boys about it and they insisted that we find it!! It sounded like the coolest thing to them. So off we went in search of 'Bubble Gum Ally." All the locals knew exactly what we were talking about and they lead us right to it........

"Found It"!!!! Bubble Gum Ally!!!
It really was the grossest thing ever!!!! Gave me the creeps to walk down it!

The kids were pretty fascinated by it and of course had to find a spot to put a piece of their chewed gum!


Faith ended up not wanting to stick her gum on the wall. I think it grossed her out too. Notice how she walked with her arms folded!:)

It was kind of cool in it's own "yuk" kind of way! I had the hand sanitizer out immediately!:)

We didn't get to see too much of the town, but definitely would like to go back and spend some time there. And I think I can skip on "bubble gum ally!"

I just got through washing off over 50 pumpkins that I picked up from the pumpkin farm this morning for Reed's school Harvest Festival tomorrow. We will be working at that all day tomorrow. Can't believe only 1 more week until Halloween!!!

Have a great week-end!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

day by day said...

oh, my! I can definitely see how that would be very cool to boys. Most of us gals would have the same reaction as Faith. lol!! I would have been following my kids around saying "no touch, no touch".

that top picture is kind of cool, isn't it?

have a great week-end, Colleen!!!!

love,
Michelle

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

that is a very cool place....a cool place to see, but not touch!!

Have fun tomorrow!!

Lisa

Ellen said...

Oh, too funny ... in a very weird sort of way! I can see the attraction ... from a distance! hah! hah! Certainly a memorable part of your adventure! Lovely photos of the children, in any event! xxx

The Byrd's Nest said...

Ewwww.....that is a little yuck....I can't even think about all of the germs there! lol

Anonymous said...

If something can be COOL and GROSS at once, it is this place! But, GREAT shots :)!

Beverly said...

yikes! you were brave to go in there. LOL would be cool for the boys!